Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In My Mind They Do


Stolen from Wikipedia-


"American Apparel, LLC is a clothing company
based out of
Los Angeles,
California
. It has over 155 stores in 11 countries. Its claim to fame
is
sweatshop-free clothing made
in
downtown Los
Angeles
, where it pays its employees an average of US$13 per hour.
Employees also receive benefits such as paid time off,
healthcare,
company-subsidized
lunches, bus
passes, free
ESL
classes, on-site
masseurs, free bicycles and on-site bike
mechanics, free parking, proper
lighting and ventilation,
and the most up-to-date
equipment.''







Wouldn't YOU like to work for a place like this? And to come to my point-I LOVE their socks.


This is how a conversation with a friend went-



Friend:Do you do football?


Me:No, but I like the outfits.


Friend: Oooh Right...The men's outfits!


Me: No, the Girls'!


Friend looks at me strangely.


Me:No, not like that! I really like the long socks, the short shorts with the football boots, and hair in bunches look. It's really cool.


Friend:Yeah, but no-one wears anything like that in football.


Me:In my mind they do!




Especially their Stripe thigh-high ones. They're always being used in photoshoots and they're really cool. They have that preppy, happy cheerleader thing about them, but I like it! $15.

I'm going to buy some above-the-knee dark socks to wear with a mini skirt. I think that would be a really cute look.

1 comment:

LalaLiu said...

hey skyla!! So about your t-shirt design, the link you gave me unfortunately didn't work :(

My designs are usually black and white if that's okay with you. If you would like you can email me at tiffany@lalaliu.com if it's easier to contact me.

P.S those socks are hot.
(i sound so paris-hilton esque.lol)