Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Success!

I'm off school today, ill. It's typical though because I felt sick this morning so I thought it would be better to stay home, now I feel fine. It's a waste of a school day. But I've done some art coursework and I'm about to go and do more.

Good news!

Last post I was looking for a prom dress? I found one, the last in my size, on the internet, have ordered it too. It was only £100. It's gettting shipped from USA, costs £80 +£20 postage. even better, my dad told me he'll pay for the dress, so now I still have money to spend! Happy days.
I'm just hoping it will fit...
Check back soon for the Prom Dressses in Focus post.

Also, I have started A Life in Receipts. It's a blog all about my bank balance-nosy people will enjoy it! Please visit and let me know what you think!
It's inspired by Sally Tomato's lines in Breakfast At Tiffany's:
Sally Tomato: " Someday Mr Fred, you take this book, turn it into a novel. Everything is there. Just fill in the details.Would be good for some laughs...Mr. Fitzsimmons-powder room, $50. Less $18--repair one black satin dress. Cat food, 27 Cents."
Holly: "Sally darling, please stop. You're making me blush. But you're right about Jack Fitzsimmons-he's an absolute rat."

Originally Marilyn Monroe was wanted by author of B.A.T's Truman Capote to play Holly Golightly, but the directors went ahead and cast Audrey. I wonder if the film's iconic status would have been different had Marilyn played her?

No comments: