Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fearless Dreamers

At the moment I am sniffly and ill but I've been catching up with blogs. Reading Just a Girl's last post, I felt how down she was at applying to Yale and not getting accepted. But then I realised that she tried, she chased the dream and although it hasn't quite worked out for her yet, something else will. The important thing is that she wasn't scared, had confidence in herself and just jumped in and applied. That's what stands out to me, more than the disappointment she had to face.


Another blogger, fearless and fashionable (a lethal mix! ;) is Diana Bobar. I've been reading her blog since last August, when I came across it and was literally astounded by her talent at anything creative: fashion, art, photography. I gazed at her colourful and artistic photoshoots for so long I almost believed they were stolen from a magazine editorial. Haha. But no, it's all her work. But that's not the focal point of this inspirational story, Diana's wordpress blog then became sofashon.com, she found the time to post daily and this year launched Diana Bobar Design, the S/S RTW collection. Designed, modelled, photographed, every little stitch, done all by herself. She wrote that "Four months ago I had no idea what I would do in this lifetime, I was actually pretty desperate, with no ways to support myself, only one hope that ‘everything will be Ok’. " Now look where she is, orders from stores, a popular S/S 08 collection worn by girls and women all over the world and because she had the sheer guts to do it and said, why not! Andreea commented that Diana has the work ethic 'create as a god, work as a slave, live like a king'. Which sounds like a great ethic to me.
See Diana's professional new collection- A/W RTW 08.


I just felt I should show that we all go through bad times, this year so far hasn't been a great start for me (I'm constantly worrying about my exams) but the most important thing we can do is try making our dreams reality, and if it means we fail, then we fail. (I started my blog last summer and it's finally starting to get regular comments which gives me such a great feeling. Now it really feels worth it.) If it doesn't fail, we might end up becoming even more successful and can sit back in our old rocking chairs as little old ladies with no regrets, reminiscing the days we had a fashion blog and weren't afraid of dreaming. ;)

1 comment:

Just a girl said...

Hey Skyla,

What a suprise to come to your blog and read about myself! Thanks for your kind words (once again!) But you what said is true; I'm still glad that I tried, even if it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, because it's still better than not trying at all. I won't ever wonder "what if?"

I love this quote (read on a coffee mug): imagine what we could achieve if we knew we could not fail.

"If it doesn't fail, we might end up becoming even more successful and can sit back in our old rocking chairs as little old ladies with no regrets, reminiscing the days we had a fashion blog and weren't afraid of dreaming."

You are my inspiration. =)

x
Just a girl